Welcome to Ommi Yoga
WOMB & ABDOMINAL HEALING – MIZAN
Mizan (pronounced like Milan) is an Arabic word that means balance. By using traditional reproductive healing techniques, Mizan Therapists seek to restore balance when life feels unbalanced – physically, emotionally or spiritually.
“The Wound is Where the Light Enters You” – Rumi
Our womb has two functions, to cleanse herself each month and to create life.
Do you suffer from menstrual pain? Is it difficult to have a smear test? Are you struggling with fertility issues? Do you have PCOS? Do you have digestive problems, or IBS? Are your menopausal symptoms embarrassing? Have you had any abdominal surgery, including caesarean section? Are you pregnant or just had a baby?
Each month when it’s time to cleanse herself, she swells to twice the size, if she is tilted or misaligned she can put pressure on other organs or restrict the blood flow to the veins, ligaments that hold the womb in place, lymph and nervous systems creating sluggishness to name a few. Thus creating pain and other issues.
By using natural and traditional healing techniques from cultures, we gently guide her back into her rightful place through external massage. The increase of oxygenated blood refreshes and nourishes the organs and systems while detoxing and elimination stagnate blood and energy.
Mizan Therapy can help with any of these – and many more!
Benefits of Mizan Therapy:
- Mizan increases the circulation to reproductive organs, i.e. the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes, which helps to promote hormonal balance
- It helps to reposition a misaligned uterus, which itself helps to increase circulation of blood, lymph, nervous system and qi
- Cleanses the body of any toxic build up from congested circulatory systems
- Helps to break down scar tissue
- Aids the digestive system to be more efficient which then removes and prevents toxic build up in the body and enhances the immune system
- Helps women to connect with their wombspace
Benefits of Mizan Therapy for specific conditions
- Repositions the uterus
- Balances the hormonal system
- Enables the uterus to cleanse herself of old blood, including clots
- Increases blood circulation to the uterus
- Reduces toxicity and inflamed tissues, which eases pain
- Eases stress, anxiety and emotional trauma that can lead to irregular cycles
Fibroids, polyps, endometriosis:
- Repositions the uterus, making menstruation more efficient
- Promotes hormonal balance and feedback between the uterus and ovaries
- Encourages rich, oxygenated blood to the reproductive organs
- Breaks down scar tissue and adhesions
- Strengthens the liver to enhance metabolism of hormones
- Rebalances the hormonal system and helps the feedback system between the reproductive organs
- Clears congestion
- Brings rich, oxygenated blood to the ovaries
- Helps to reduce inflammation
- Can break up scar tissue within the fallopian tubes
- Can eliminate fluid build up in the fallopian tubes
Egg and sperm health:
- Brings rich, oxygenated blood to the ovaries and testes
- Can increase the quality and quantity of sperm
- Can increase libido
- A relaxed diaphragm helps the digestion of food
- Helps speed up the elimination of waste through the digestive system
- Releases trapped wind and bloating
- Promotes bowel movements to eliminate waste and prevent the body from re-absorbing toxins means for elimination
- Eases stress for a more relaxed digestive system
- Helps to increase confidence in intuition – that gut feeling
- Helps the body to let go of past trauma
- Eases stress and anxiety
Symptoms that may be eased by Mizan
There are many symptoms that can be helped with Mizan Therapy; problems of the reproductive system, the digestive system and emotional blockages.
Mizan Therapy uses traditional reproductive healing techniques to gently guide the reproductive organs back into their place. When the womb is in her optimum position, she no longer restricts the circulatory flow of blood, lymph, nerves and qi energy. The body is primed for homoeostasis – that is, the body wants to be in balance. Mizan Therapy assists the body in restoring its natural balance.
Mizan benefits your physical health by restoring the free flow of the circulatory systems, relieving congestions and blocks. It is also beneficial to your emotional health, relaxing and easing muscles tightened by tension and anxiety. Mizan Therapy is gentle, non-invasive and external. We never try to physically move the womb back into position, but by bringing fresh, oxygen and nutrient-rich blood to the pelvis the supporting muscles and ligaments are able to heal and repair, bringing the womb back into her rightful position.
Mizan is an effective treatment, healing on physical, emotional and even spiritual levels.
Symptoms that can be helped with Mizan Therapy
- Displaced or prolapsed uterus and/or bladder
- Painful menstrual cycles
- Irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Bladder or yeast infections
- Miscarriages, difficult pregnancies
- Perimenopause, menopausal symptoms
- Fertility problems
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pelvic congestion, pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Digestive problems
- Low energy
- Crohn’s Disease
- Chronic constipation
- Low back ache
- Chronic indigestion or heartburn
- Restricted breathing due to tension
Supporting your fertility
Mizan Therapy is a great way to support your fertility on the journey to pregnancy and birth.
Fertility depends on a series of processes working in the correct sequence and in conjunction with each other. Hormones must be released at the right time of the cycle, in the correct amounts; the uterine membrane must grow thick and healthy to nourish an ovum and the vaginal pH must allow the sperm through without being weakened by acidity.
If your womb is tilted then it is more likely that there will be a disruption to the delicate balance of hormones and the body’s organs working in unison. This communication breakdown may be the cause of anovulatory cycles; premature menopause; PCOS or fibroids.
Sometimes the congestion caused by a tilted uterus can result in the blood stream becoming toxic, or too much strain on the lymphatic system to eliminate waste.
Mizan helps to realign the womb which will increase blood flow, nourishing and restoring your reproductive organs to health, improving detoxification, relieving congestion and removing emotional blockages. This will give your body the best chance to conceive and nurture a growing baby.
Since it takes 12 weeks for an egg to achieve maturity, it is best to undertake treatment for three months before trying to conceive. The strongest treatment is possible if you use contraception for these three months, but I understand that there are many reasons why you may not want to wait, so I have designed two protocols: a three month pre-conception programme, and a programme for trying to conceive whilst undergoing treatment.
Mizan is also beneficial for you if you are undergoing assisted conception and will improve your chance of a successful outcome.
Pregnancy and Post natal
Good for you, good for baby
Many of the problems that we take for granted and accept as a normal part of being pregnant can be prevented. You don’t need to put up with spd/pgp, tired aching legs, varicose veins or swollen ankles; nor do you have to cope with sickness, headaches, or fluid retention. Mizan Therapy helps to relieve these and many other complaints.
Treating yourself to regular Mizan Therapy is relaxing and enjoyable for both you and the baby. Because it promotes circulation, the abdominal muscles are relaxed and strengthened, ready to birth your baby. It’s a great way to encourage your baby into the optimum position ready for birth, leading to a shorter labour and easier birth for you both.
Benefits of Mizan Therapy during pregnancy
- Can help to resolve the symptoms of SPD/PGP
- Relieves common discomforts of pregnancy such as indigestion, heartburn, nausea, low back ache, sciatica, pressure and burning sensation in groin area, constipation, headaches, leg discomfort including varicose veins, frequent urination, incontinence and urinary tract infections
- Encourages the baby and uterus into optimal positioning to facilitate pregnancy, labour and birth (regular treatments can shorten the length of labour and birth, even for first time mums)
- Tones, strengthens and balances the uterus preparing for labour and birth
- Synchronizes mum and baby for birth
- Supports mum and baby relationship by stimulating an increased release of oxytocin, fosters bonding and prepares the uterus and placenta for labour and birth
- Increases circulation to mum and baby
- Reduces tension and anxiety
- Addresses emotional issues on a cellular level and sets healing in motion. In Primal Health, Michael Odent says that the baby’s immune system is developed in the womb and the hormonal reactions of the mother during pregnancy play a role in the health of the baby for the rest of his or her life.
Post natal healing
Having Mizan Therapy post birth is extremely beneficial in assisting the internal organs gently back to their optimum position and function. Depending on the birth, Mizan can usually be safely done before the 6-week check, afterwards in the case of caesarean section. Your Mizan Practitioner will guide you on this.
If the birth was by caesarean section, Mizan will not only guide the uterus back into position, but will also help in breaking down scar tissue and preventing the uterus adhering to other internal organs.
WPregnancy Loss, Miscarriage and Termination
We tend to shy away from talking about loss and miscarriage; it’s hard to grieve and there are no rituals to ease our passage through. And with termination, which can be a very difficult choice, there may also be feelings of shame to add to the grief. Mizan can help to heal and rebalance: your womb, your hormones, your spirit. Whatever the circumstances, you will be treated with compassion by your Mizan practitioner. There is no right or wrong, no set length of time, so get in touch as soon as you feel ready.